Friday, January 1, 2010

Yipee, it's a do-over!!

Please excuse the bold, larger font. I'm going blind. Until I get to the eye doctor this will have to do!
Anyway, so excited for the New Year. Has anyone felt any different? As I watched the ball drop in Times Square ( I know it was a recording) I saw a young girl standing with her hands on her cheeks in anticipation as if something marvelous was going to happen when that thing hit the bottom. I think she was right. Something wonderful is happening. The New Year is a fantastic do-over. It brings a bit of relief and comfort to know that we can try again.
This is the same feeling we can have when we ask our Heavenly Father for forgiveness for our short-comings. This is why I love Sunday. Every Sunday when I take the sacrament I am reminded of my Saviors sacrifice that has enabled me to be forgiven of my mess ups and that, my friends, is the best do-over ever.
So as we approach the New Year, remember to keep trying and pull out that do-over card whenever you need it!

No comments: