Saturday, January 23, 2010

Make Some Noise!!

For some reason, I always think that a classroom should be working quietly. I know that's not true, nor is it possible. And in my student teaching classroom it is not always necessary. These little kids somehow manage to stay on task with just a little prodding from their teacher. Even with the sounds of chatter and chairs moving, the learning keeps on.

I had such a great week even though it was a short one. This week I was able to teach a lesson on citizenship and community. The kids learned that their classroom is a community and they are all citizens. We discussed that we all had to try to get along if our community was going to work. From the mouths of babes......

And wish me luck. Tomorrow my first observation happens. A nice man from Prescott College will be coming to observe my 45 minute lesson on Presidents. Should be fun and I'm not really worried.
Looking forward to another fantastic and fun week.

No comments: