Sunday, May 6, 2012

Teach me all that I must "do" to live with him someday.

  In our Stake Conference today the theme centered around the temple. What I took away from it was 3 definite promptings that confirmed answers to a question I had been having for some time now. "Am I responsible for teaching my grandchildren about the gospel?." In retrospect, this was a no brainer. But many questions would confuse my thoughts on the subject. The agency of their parents, the ability to be consistent and the sacrifice of time.  Of course, we are all responsible for sharing the gospel with everyone, aren't we? But just how far does a grandparent go to insure that their descendents will return to Heavenly Father? Do we take them all to church, do we invite them to Family Home Evening and are we held accountable for our participation in their spiritual well-being? Today I learned that if the chance is there to contribute in any way to spiritual growth in these little spirits, no matter how great the sacrifice, we had better do it. No excuses with our children, none with our grandbabies, either. If at all possible, we need to do our best to get them home. Roll up your sleeves, Grandpa!

No comments: