Friday, November 20, 2009

This week has been a week of stopping.I was sick, several kids were sick etc. etc. Usually, I only have a few things I have to do every week,according to THE LIST. I'm sure you can relate. It seems relatively simple on paper. Watch a grandbaby on this day, do school work every morning, do some laundry, keep the house neat, plan a meal and actually cook it later in the day, check e-mail, schedule some appointments, and maybe a trip to the grocery store. It's a beautiful list on paper, but somehow it grows on it's own when applied and becomes a maze of impossibility. Variables enter the equation-child needs something brought to school, dog gets into a bag of trash, bank account is overdrawn, friend is in need, internet is down, I've got nothing to wear today!!! And so I take the advice of Sheryl Crow, all she wants to do is have some fun. She said, that she grew up with a picture in her mind of how things should look in her life. As she lived life, the reality became further and further from the picture on the wall of her mind. So she simply removed the picture. I love it. Everyday we paint a new picture. Lists are great and guidelines to get us going, but we need to allow the picture to paint itself and enjoy it's beauty at the end of the day. I hope you paint a wonderful picture today!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCBUzzBm4cg

No comments: