Thursday, November 26, 2009

Gratitude

A lot of hype has gone into this idea of having an attitude of gratitude. Easily said, not as easy to apply to your daily life. For instance, how to spontaneously call upon your gratitude reserves when the electric guy comes to turn your power off? To your surprise of course, because you've been otherwise occupied with children and other unexpected events in your life and forgot to follow through on payment arrangements for said electric company. This is just one idea I came up with. Yes, a personal experience. I'm not too proud to profess on this Blog that I am lacking in any form of organization within my brain. This is why I keep a planner with everything, except that particular bill payment date, in it!
Point is, we can't always find the gratitude when we need it. The important thing is that we eventually find it. Like being grateful for grand-babies. Particularly the one who caught the eye of the electric guy long enough for him to decide to delay pulling the plug in order for me to transfer money and make the payment. Nice guy. I also think he was afraid to go in my backyard. Killer Beagle. Also, grateful for her. (not really a killer, just kind of stupid)
Gratitude is a retrospective type of thing when it comes to adversity. Adversity is what makes us better. Being better helps us to recognize what to be grateful for. Being grateful gives us retrospect.
So Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Let's be thankful for adversity. There's a lot more to come.

No comments: