Sunday, June 12, 2011

I wasn't expected, I was selected!!

     So today is my birthday. When I was younger, birthdays meant presents, maybe a party and usually a special day all around. When I started having children, I started thinking about the sacrifices that were made by others to make sure I could have a multitude of  Happy Birthdays. Each year of my life I realize the sacrifice and love of two beautiful women whom, for whatever reason, decided to exhibit the greatest love upon my entrance into the world. One mother gave me up and one mother took me home.I really can't think of anything more self-less than these two actions. As I ponder on the experiences of each of these women on my birthday, I am ever grateful for the choices made, painful and joyful, and for the sincere desire by each to choose the best for me when I was not yet old enough to make the choice myself. Sure, it's my birthday-but not really mine alone. It is a day to celebrate the love I hold in my heart for my two beautiful mothers. Thanks moms!

2 comments:

J. Justin Draper said...

Seems their care for you has rubbed off on the next two generations. You are a fantastic example of faith and desire to be the best mother you can be. Thanks for letting me into your family!

Anonymous said...

You need a "Like" button. : )